GAMESS User License Agreement
All GAMESS requestors MUST agree to the following license agreement which covers all versions of GAMESS (source code, and binaries for Windows, Macintosh and ChemOffice).
With regard to the ab initio quantum chemistry code
GAMESS, together with its associated graphics and utility
programs, with which you have supplied me a copy, I agree to
the following conditions:
- I will not supply a copy of the code to anyone outside
my institution or corporation for any reason
whatsoever. Instead, I will refer any requests for
copies of the program to you at ISUQCG. This in no way
limits my making of copies of the code for backup
purposes, or for running on more than one computer
system at my institution or home.
- I understand that copyright or ownership rights to
GAMESS are retained by ISUQCG and
contributors to the GAMESS package. I will not
incorporate any part of GAMESS into any other program
system, either for sale or for non-profit
distribution, without written permission from ISUQCG,
- I understand that no large program such as GAMESS can
be considered to be bug free, and accordingly the
ISUQCG supplies the GAMESS software on an "as is"
basis, with no additional responsibility or liability,
- If results obtained with GAMESS are published in the
scientific literature, I will reference the program from
the article M.W.Schmidt, K.K.Baldridge, J.A.Boatz, S.T.Elbert,
M.S.Gordon, J.H.Jensen, S.Koseki, N.Matsunaga,
K.A.Nguyen, S.J.Su, T.L.Windus, M.Dupuis, J.A.Montgomery
J. Comput. Chem. 14, 1347-1363 (1993). Using specific
methods included in GAMESS may require
citing additional articles, as described in the manual.
I agree to honor the request to cite additional papers,
- This license is considered a "Research Group" license. Thus anyone directly associated with your research group is covered by the license and may share your copy of GAMESS on all of your group's computer resources.